Business Development Specialist
If you are a Business Development Manager or Director with solid agency experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Cite belongs to a new breed of agency – one which loves insight, innovative technology, and bold creative ideas in equal measure. Our distinctive approach is clearly paying off and we’ve won some amazing new clients over the past two years. Our growth plans for the next two are even more ambitious, and we’re busy building a first-class team to make it happen.
If you are a Business Development Manager or Director with solid agency experience, we’d love to hear from you. Ideally, you’ve worked at agencies which deliver medium-to-large-scale branding and digital projects, as well as integrated campaigns. Several of our clients are based in Scandinavia and mainland Europe, and we have plans to develop these opportunities further, so relevant experience developing overseas opportunities would be particularly desirable.
Our aspiration is to double our income in the next two years, so we’ll expect you to demonstrate the skills needed to plan and execute a strategy that brings this level of success. The crux of the role is to generate new opportunities for Cite’s Directors and Client Services team to pick up and develop into long term client relationships.
We work predominantly in a digital world, but we aren’t afraid to venture into print and traditional advertising when our insight tells us it’s the best path for our clients, so our new BD Manager/Director will need the capacity to think across all these channels and more.
We have no firm expectation as to where you are based. If you prefer to work from home, that’s fine, but naturally, we’d like you to show your face around our Leicester offices periodically, and if you want to be based here, that’s perfectly okay, too. Likewise, whether you are looking for a full-time or part-time role, we’re happy to have that discussion, too.
Qualities we’re looking for in the right person:
- A love of winning!
- A high level of personal motivation
- The commercial nous to filter out real potential and opportunity
- A professional, affable approach and the ability to express themselves clearly and articulately in person and on phone & video calls
- The ability to quickly build rapport with clients
- The drive and tenacity to make the most of every opportunity
Some of the duties this role will involve:
It’s quite a wish-list, but our ideal candidate will be able to tick most of these boxes:
- Creating and nurturing connections with new prospective clients.
- Researching and identifying new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Seeking out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- Through outbound activities such as email marketing and cold-calling (as well as face-to-face networking) you will generate opportunities for Cite’s Directors to present and pitch to prospective customers
- Meet with clients face to face or over the phone, email, etc
- Understand the needs of prospective customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Identifying and securing opportunities for thought leadership – speaking, writing, and judging at industry awards
- Experience of working with business applications such as spreadsheets, CRM systems and video calling platforms like MS Teams and Zoom.
- Managing and reporting your progress
- Have an excellent understanding of Cite’s services and proposition and be able to convincingly advise prospects as to the value we bring
- Manage external lead generation specialists, maximising the return on investment
- Liasing with the Senior Management Team and your counterparts within the Client Services, Technical and Creative departments
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
As a key member of the team, you’ll work in collaboration with the Senior Management Team and your counterparts in Client Services, Creative and Technical departments and play an active role in pitching ideas.
This role offers a competitive basic salary and generous target-related bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 23 days holiday. We are also open to hearing from individuals who prefer to work on a contract/freelance basis if preferred.