We’re on the lookout for a Creative Director to join the agency, to head up our creative team and help shape the vision and creative offering for the agency.
In summary we’re looking for:
- A digital first creative director with strong campaign experience (that spans Digital and offline)
- A portfolio that shows digital and integrated TTL campaigns underpinned by strong rationale
- Great leadership skills, able to understand the strengths and development areas of creatives at all levels
- Strong presentation and workshopping skills
- A strong understanding of production and how to bring together technical and creative skillsets to execute great ideas
- Previous agency experience (preferably with a studio team of 10+)
For the past 20 years, Cite has been a very successful Web and Digital Marketing Agency. This year however, we merged with a team of insight and brand strategy specialists, turning Cite into a new breed of agency with a fantastic combined set of skills and experience. We still predominantly focus on the digital world but our breadth of services have expanded significantly. Creatively, our brand and campaign work takes us into print and even TV advertising and original ‘big ideas’ are more important than ever.
We have a very strong vision for the agency’s future, and as part of that, we now want to hire a Creative Director to lead our studio team, and provide a vision of their own that dovetails into the bigger picture. Eventually, we’ll expect you to take a seat within the Senior Management Team and help shape the agency’s wider strategic and operational functions.
Our perfect Creative Director has…
- Creative brilliance – big ideas and campaign headlines, a portfolio that will wow us
- Experience – a proven track record within agencies of varying size
- Media dexterity – confidence directing web, digital advertising, print and video
- Charisma – to pitch concepts and persuasively present ideas
- Leadership – to manage, build, mentor and inspire the studio team
- Diplomacy – managing demands from all directions
- Competitiveness – a burning desire to win exciting clients and creative awards
- Design perfectionist – obsessive about brand, typography, image and user experience
- A digital pulse – instinctive understanding of how brand, design and campaign are evolving and converging in the digital world
- Ambition – could there be a future role for you leading the agency?
We have four full-time in-house creatives, supported by a regular network of freelance designers, animators, conceptual copywriters and art directors. Historically, the team has been led by two of the agency’s directors. Following this appointment, they will be stepping aside to focus more on agency and client management.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll work in collaboration with your counterpart in the technical, client services and digital campaign teams.
Fully experienced working with audience personas and market insight, you should be able to conceive campaign and brand ideas that blow our clients socks off. You will be expected to conjure highly effective, and fully integrated brand campaigns and oversee their realisation across digital and offline channels. Web, email, social and online advertising will all be part of the mix, but equally, we expect you to take four-sheet, laminated, blind embossed perforations in your stride. More than anything else though, what we really want is someone who also has their eye on the ‘next big thing’.
You will have a strong understanding of branding and have been involved in the development of brands – ideally working alongside a planning team within an agency.
We’re a relatively small team (there’s just over twenty of us at present) so this isn’t a role for prima donnas – expect to get hands-on with aspects of execution when the need arises.
The role requires a high level of multi-tasking to ensure projects and campaigns are delivered on time and quality is never compromised.
- Setting the agency’s creative vision, philosophy and direction
- Devising and developing ideas across digital, written, printed and moving media
- Fostering a collaborative approach to creativity, brand and design
- Coordinating and supervising your department’s workflow
- Shaping your team – recruiting, mentoring and building an award-winning creative department
- Commission external design, illustration, copy, photography, UX and video
- Directing photography and video production
- Ensuring best practice is maintained across design and user-experience
- Keeping track of budgets – ensuring the creative department is profitable without compromising quality or standards
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends, design standards, creative, marketing and communications technologies
- Facilitating brainstorming sessions with agency teams (and sometimes, clients)
- Maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Pitching for new business and maintaining strong creative ties across key agency accounts
- Contributing to creative briefs
- Developing brand guidelines and design systems
- Ensuring effective and consistent workflows and communications between Studio, Technical and Client Services teams
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for efficiencies within your department (and the wider agency)
- Helping shape and manage the wider agency
Desired skills & experience
- 7 years of related experience with 5+ years of creative direction (as a CD or a Senior Creative ready to make the next step) in agency or corporate setting
- Extensive experience creating brand, marketing and advertising campaigns including developing creative direction and the message platform through to the realisation of the campaign across multiple channels
- Experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team (internal and external) of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- A love of creative communications, the changing media landscape and emerging technologies
- A passion for doing things right with fastidious attention to detail
- Adobe Creative Cloud competency, with literacy across the suite
- An understanding of web standards and accessibility principles
- An appreciation of UI, UX and the importance of digital design, including reviewing design concepts to ensure their feasibility for technical production
- Understanding and a passion for modern evolving communications tech beyond the web – e.g. Artificial intelligence, IoT, VR/AR etc
- A can-do attitude that thrives on solving problems
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Competitive package: salary, pension and bonuses
- Flexible working arrangements
Why work with us?
Below are the perks and benefits we offer our employees
Flexi & remote
lunch on us
Cycle to work