We’re looking for a digital-first Creative Director to join the team.
Creative thinker and inspirational leader wanted
Cite are embarking on our next stage of business growth and we’re looking for a digital-first Creative Director to join the team at our Leicester studio. This senior role will involve leading our creative team and working with premium B2B/B2C brands in the UK and internationally.
Our ideal candidate will have a portfolio bursting with inspirational ideas and projects. We want to see fully-integrated digital campaigns, impressive headlines, innovative branding and breath-taking imagery, matched with real-world examples of the leadership skills needed to shape an award-winning creative team.
Day-to-day, you will be involved with pitching ideas; running creative workshops; commissioning video/photography/freelancers, planning studio resources and scoping future projects.
Predominantly a digital role, you should nonetheless have a solid understanding of design for other media such as print and exhibition.
- Drive ground-breaking creativity throughout the agency, taking ownership for all studio output from strategy to the finer detail
- A strong conceptual thinker, capable of transforming abstract client requirements into clear, effective communications
- Lead creative processes such as braining storming and concept-shaping
- An advocate of modern web design principles – with a thorough understanding of technical production and best practice standards
- Take a lead role in defining the creative strategic direction for both clients and the agency. Including analysing needs, writing creative briefs and conducting creative workshops
- To keep ahead of the curve. In a fast-paced environment, you will require the foresight and instinct to predict the broader creative direction and trends.
Project and team management
- Plan and schedule internal/external creative resources. Manage creative deadlines to ensure expectations, deadlines and budgets are met
- Lead from the front: inspiring and developing creative teams and being responsible for motivating and mentoring them
- Liaise with technical, account management and search/content teams
- Commission and manage external designers, photographers, video production and animation
- Seek out opportunities and encourage Professional Development within your team
- Develop a blend of challenge and reward for the team
- To forge and maintain a strategic relationship with the client and to have complete understanding of their brand, business, strategy and marketplace
- Represent the agency at all senior level external briefings and meetings.
- Be the authority and leader on the client’s business and trusted by clients to deliver creative, inspirational ideas and campaigns
Presentation and Communication Skills
- To represent the agency at pitches, presentations and meetings, often at a very senior level
- To take the lead in creative presentations externally to ensure that the creative solution is delivered intact, on brief and brilliantly executed
- To have powerful, persuasive and influential communication skills to fully explain the strategic creative direction
- Have an understanding of the financials on the business and have a pragmatic approach to delivering cost effective solutions to delivering the work
- Work with the Senior Management Team and Account Teams to secure the resources required to deliver projects profitably and on time
- To actively seek opportunities for incremental revenue should the opportunity arise
Skills and Experience
- Extensive agency experience
- Strong ability to lead, collaborate and motivate others
- Proven creative direction experience (art/design and copy) at senior level across a range of media, clients, varied shoots and campaigns
- Cross-media experience in print, exhibition, motion graphics or advertising
- Working with international clients
- Driving licence
To apply, please send your CV and examples of your recent work to [email protected].
Salary dependent on experience. No agencies please.
- A competitive salary (and profit related bonus after 12 months continuous service).
- 23 days standard holiday (including extended Christmas break).
- Flexible working day option.
- Bonus Birthday holiday when it falls during a working week.
- Fantastic 3 floor Georgian offices in the centre of town.
- Dedicated training time.
- A friendly, well-established team.
- Weekly fresh fruit and all the coffee (or tea) you can drink.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.