February 21, 2012 · 3 min read
Top Ten Benefits of Facebook Advertising
Facebook is one of the most popular websites on the Internet, and with over 800 million members there is plenty of opportunity to market to your target audience. In addition to branded pages and apps, Facebook advertising is an effective way to reach your customers while also achieving a high ROI.
With Facebook ad revenue topping $3.8 billion in 2011, companies now recognise that these ads are an important part of any successful social media campaign. We’ve worked with clients for years to help them improve their Facebook campaigns, from developing Facebook apps to delivering entire social media strategies, and we have seen firsthand how effective Facebook’s advertising can be. Benefits to advertising on Facebook include:
1. Highly targetted: Facebook allows you to target your audience using a variety of different options, from basic demographic information to relationship status, education level, interests, and friends. So, no matter what your product or service, Facebook ads allow you to tailor your campaign to reach the people who will be most interested.
2. Working within a budget: In addition to a pay-per-click option, you can also pay per 1,000 impressions. These choices help you keep within your monthly marketing budget, while implementing the campaign that is right for your business.
3. The Snowball Effect: Once somebody has clicked on your Facebook ad, they can be directed to your Facebook Page, giving them more opportunity to interact with your brand. These interactions will then be posted on their newsfeed for their friends to see, allowing you to reach an even larger audience. Successful campaigns can expect a snowball effect to occur.
4. Sponsored Stories: In addition to a standard pay per click advertisement, you can also advertise using one of your most popular wall posts. This helps make your ad more interesting while also playing to Facebook’s key strength: being social. Your audience will be able to see the interaction of your fans, learn more about your brand, and even engage in the conversation with just one click.
5. Flexiblity: Compared to PPC campaigns available on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, Facebook allows you to create more flexible ads, including the ability to add an image as well as allowing for longer character length in ad descriptions. This allows you to create an ad that can grab your audience’s attention and explain the benefits you have to offer.
6. Multiple destinations: Your Facebook ad can either link to your Facebook Page or an external site, allowing you to direct traffic to the best resource. Sending audiences to a Facebook Page works best for B2C brands or is ideal if the content on your page is relevant to the ad. For B2B brands, Facebook ads work best if they link to a related landing page on your website.
7. Captive audience: Facebook users are a very engaged audience and are receptive to advertisements that interest them. Reaching them on this platform allows you to interact with them in an environment they are comfortable with and willing to participate in. And, if they find your ad interesting enough, they’ll share it with their friends.
8. Immediate Like: Facebook ads can include the Like button, which means your audience can begin following your Page with a simple click. This will provide you with more opportunities to market to them in the future.
9. Easily monitored: Facebook advertising can be tracked and monitored easily, which will help you figure out what works and what doesn’t, while simultaneously learning more about your audience and their behaviour. You can also test out different versions of an ad to see what is most popular and helps you meet your marketing objectives best.
10. Mobile users: Not only is Facebook one of the most popular sites on the Internet, it’s also one of the most popular mobile sites as well, which means your ads will be seen by people even when they are on the go. With mobile Internet usage doubling every year, reaching this audience is vital to online marketing campaigns.
Facebook advertising provides endless opportunities to reach your customer base and should be part of any social media strategy. Whether you are announcing a new product, promoting an online competition, or want to drive traffic to your website, Facebook ads could be the right solution for your business.
Cite offer Facebook advertising management to our clients. Contact us on 0116 254 9888 to learn more about this and other social media services.